Have you entered
A Crafty Creative Christmas Link Up Party
Please Welcome Elizabeth from Twelve Crafts Till Christmas
Hey everyone! I'm Elizabeth from twelve crafts till Christmas.
I truly believe that anyone can make something for someone because in nine months of sewing and crafting, I've gone from saying, "Oh, I could never make that," to "Hey, I think I can make that!"
Today, I would like to share one simple, easy tutorial that you could use to get your feet wet in the handmade gift-making gig. Remember those lace sachets that you used to see in your grandmother's drawers? Welcome to the modern version . . . perfect holiday gift for your friend, mother-in-law, co-worker, etc.
What you need:
-ribbon, other fabric scraps, ric rac, other embellishment ideas
-dried lavender, rosehips, assorted dried flower mix
-cheap white rice
What you do:
1) Cut 3 to 4 pairs of 5 x 5 squares out of your fabric.
2) Embellish squares using your creativity. Options are endless . . . well, not endless . . . at some point the options will stop, but you get the idea.
I tacked ric rac to one of the squares.
I also folded a ribbon into a ruffle on another square and used my sewing machine to sew a straight line down the center of the ribbon.
3) Put square pairs right sides together and sew around all sides leaving a two inch opening for turning.
4) Clip corners, trim off extra fabric and turn squares right sides out.
5) Fill each square half with lavender or other dried flowers and half with rice. The other option is to mix essential oils with rice and fill completely with the rice. (Do you like my homely little paper funnel? I'm thinking I'll find my real kitchen funnel in the bottom of the toy box during our next toy-purge.)